Overheard on the street :
Bloggers don’t even get up til 10, they’re too busy..blogging or something..
Wait – WHAT ???
Personally I get up at 7:30 7:45 every weekday morning to get to work on time. And the majority of bloggers I know have steady jobs that also require them to get up and about well before 10am.
I’m not sure why, but this comment struck me.
Do people really not “get” bloggers? Can you, if you don’t blog yourself?
But then, who am I to “defend” bloggers? Maybe some of you do roll out at 10 am..
So I decided to compile a list of all of the reasons I’ve seen or heard about for why people blog.
Just to clear things up.
Some of them apply to me ; many do not. Please add your own (whether they apply to you or not😉 ):
- I’m a creative spirit that has to get some thoughts out
- I want to bounce ideas around with others
- I want to expand my social network, personally or professionally
- I want to share my art – writing, photography, video, web design, etc
- I want to comment on things that bother me/that I like
- I want to challenge stereotypes
- Copy-paste is the best invention ever
- Hyperlinks are the best. invention. ever.
- I love pictures or videos of myself
- I want to share my latest finds – online or offline
- It helps me keep up my crack addiction
- It helps me beat my crack addiction
- I was pushed into it (willingly or not) by a friend or colleague
- I want to share/develop a certain expertise
- I’m already famous and want to connect with the peeps
- I’m a fanboy and always will be
- I want to share a part of me that I can’t share offline
- I have nothing to hide
- I live through my online personality
- I wanted to better understand others in a given blogging community
- I was born to blog, I can’t imagine anything else
- Sharing my own thoughts helps me learn
- Money, gifts, and backlinks, oh my
- I want a record of things I’ve done/seen/visited
- I want to be a part of the latest trends
- I am the latest trend. duh.
That’s all I’ve got so far
What are your reasons ?
And if you don’t blog, why ?
**sincere tone here, not the “why?! dammit — why don’t you blog?!?!” ;D **